Monday, April 25, 2011

Busy week

Hi Love,

Seems this week will be full of distractions which as you know, are always welcome. :) Today's distraction wasn't really a positive one but none the less has served as a distraction. Laura's dad is in the hospital. They think he has a blood clot some where. I just picked Laura up from the hospital not too long ago to feed her and let her crash in my bed. She came over in the middle of the night last night because she didn't want to be alone. She's going to spend today with us and later we will head back to the hospital later. We might go out to shop around to serve as a distraction to all.

Tomorrow I'll be heading down to Columbus to talk with my lawyer. I'm glad we are meeting as separate time before court so we can discuss everything that needs to be changed. I'm trying to decide if I am going to update him on our situation. I might discuss it with him but not bring it up in court. I don't know..what are your thoughts about it?

Wednesday I am going with Summer and her class on a field trip to a local farm. Summer is super excited. She can't wait to go with all her friends and see the animals. I hope it's that kind of farm. lol I think it'll be fun too, I just know it is going to be hot as heck. :p Melting mommy is gonna be a funny sight.

Thursday is the only day I don't think I have anything going on. Might try to catch dinner with grammy or something since it's a free day. She's always asking about you. I didn't see her much yesterday. Just at church and then she rushed off afterwards. I was planning on having lunch with her but I wasn't feeling well enough to go over and deal with the smoke.

Then comes Friday! Laura is graduating Friday night! :D I am so excited. A lot of her family will be in town and then the paaaaaaaaartay starts after that. I'm not sure how that's going to go for me but we shall see. I told her I might stay for a little bit and then head home. I've been assured there won't be much drinking as that party is Saturday night. lol Reassuring for sure. Which then brings me to Saturday..

Saturday I have an order to do for red velvet cupcakes. Then we have Laura's second party at her house that night. That will be more of our local friends which should be fun. I think I'll be bowing out of that party early as well. I say early meaning like...midnight or one because for everyone else, that'll be early. I'm debating making a cake to surprise her with. I'll see how I'm feeling.

So, I'd say over all, I've left few hours to cry over missing you. :) I promise I'll post something more interesting  soon....just gotta think of what.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Babylove, so I read this in "Have a Little Faith" today and it resonated with me. Maybe because im kinda old-school or whatever but I thought I would share it with you. Mitch is talking with Reb about family closeness and commitment:

    Reb:
    "But the joy you get from that same closeness--when you watch your children, when you wake up and smile at eachother--that, as our tradition teaches us, is a blessing. People forget that."

    Mitch:
    "Why do they forget it?"

    Reb:
    "Because the word 'commitment has lost its meaning. I'm old enough to remember when it used to be a positive. A committed person was someone to be admired. He was loyal and steady. Now a commitment is something you avoid. You don't want to tie yourself down. It's the same with faith, by the way. We don't want to get stuck having to go to services all the time, or having to follow all the rules. We don't want to commit to God. We'll take Him when we need Him, or when things are going good. But real commitment? That requires staying power--in faith and in marraige."

    Mitch:
    "And if you don't commit?"

    Reb:
    "Your choice, but you miss what's on the other side."

    Mitch:
    "What's on the other side?"

    Reb:
    "Ah." He smiled. "A happiness you cannot find alone."


    I am committed to you, Baby. And not because we are forced to be by situations life throws at us, but because of Love. I love you so much, and I have a happiness with you I know I cannot find anywhere else. You are my everything, Jenn. Forever and always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Reb. It does seem that commitment ties you down. At least it is what today's society has made of it. I love how he says that on the other side is a happiness you can not find alone. I don't think many people consider that in their decisions to be alone, to never commit. We can never find what God truly intended for us alone. It's not why he put us here on this Earth and it's refreshing to read about it. And it's even more enlightening to hear it from you. You have brought so much joy to my life. Joy I didn't realize I was missing and I'm so grateful you did. I'm committed to you my love, until God calls us home. You're the only person I want by my side through this life, to experience all its gifts, its crosses, and to share the triumphs that come with it all. You're truly a gift..and I love you.

    ReplyDelete