Thursday, June 16, 2011

Catering

This has been the best place I have looked at so far. We could do a sit down dinner at a decent price. It ranges betweem $25-$32/pp. Now if you multiply that for 80 (yes, that's high but I'd rather go higher then underestimate) it would be $2560. That's if each dinner was $32. $2240 for the $28/pp and $2000 for the $25/pp/ Again, 80 is super high but I figured it was better. But honestly, there weren't any options under the $32/pp that I really liked. Also, with this caterer, we can pick two entrees, two sides, and two vegetables plus a choice of two drinks (lemonade, tea, sweet tea, or fruit infused water).

My favorites from the $25/pp- Herb Roasted Chicken or the meatloaf
My favorites from the $28/pp-Beef Bourguingnon and the beef brisket

Those to me are the best for an group of people. I want to talk to them about doing a beef and a chicken. But they aren't under one category together so I want to see if they will work with me on that.

For the sides, I would go with a starch like mashed potatoes or gnocchi. We could also do salads if we wanted.

For the veggies, I would go with the roasted seasonal veggies, greenbeans or glazed carrots. They also offer soup here, which you know I am a big fan of but we can only pick two. I also want to talk to them about doing a soup and salad course separate to see how much that would cost. I just want an overall picture.

I'm running numbers now on rental stuff and it isn't too bad. It'll mainly depend on how many people who we invite and who actually come. I would like to send out a feeler in some way to get an idea. Like...email our families and friends and see who honestly think they can come. That way we know what we are looking at as a real number...just a thought.

Entrees- http://www.thriveacarryoutcafe.com/pdf/dinner_buffet_menu_front.pdf

Veggies- http://www.thriveacarryoutcafe.com/pdf/dinner_buffet_menu_back.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment