Tuesday, May 24, 2011

While we were out..

Today while I was out shopping for clothes, Summer made friends with the women at the Motherhood store. They let her play around the store and help them rearrange clothes while I tried on clothes. During Summer's play time with these ladies, she picked up a monkey. I came out of the dressing room to find them trying to explain to Summer that the few pennies she had in her pocket would not cover the cost of this little monkey she had attached herself too. I was planning on paying for this silly little monkey when the woman behind the counter proceeded to give Summer 7 Dollars out of her own wallet so she herself could pay for him. You can't imagine the smile on Summer's face knowing she could purchase her monkey ALL on her own! And the woman refused my money in return. She said "if I hadn't of wanted to do it, I wouldn't have." And so Summer made her first purchase all on her own. She came over to me afterwards and said, "Mommy, I didn't buy this for me." So automatically I thought she had bought it for the baby. She then said, "I bought this monkey for Tom. Remember how much he likes monkeys?". At that moment, I lost it in front of everyone in the store and cried all over Summer. It was the sweetest and purest example of love I think I have ever experienced. She loves and misses you so much. Here's a pic of her and "George".

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I just don't even know what to say, I am so choked up right now. She is so sweet and genuine. I love her so so much and miss that lil Summerbear like crazy too!

    ReplyDelete